Monday, August 10, 2009

RunHer? I barely KnowHer!

I am going to a Women's Running Club meeting tonight. I am not kidding.
I am really, really nervous about it! I looked at the website and everyone is so fit and trim and looks they run everyday all day long. I have not run in YEARS. But once upon a time I was a runner, and I would like to be again. Actually, I don't really care if I am a runner, but I want to look as faboosh as runners look, so I am willing to make the sacrifice. Luckily, my hubby has agreed to go with me to the kick-off. They are having a 30-minute group run and then an after-party with burgers and beer. I like the second part...
I'm hoping there are all kinds of women, some of which that might be as un-fit as I am. Maybe I could start a spin-off fat girls running club. Although we would probably skip the running altogether and just do the burgers and beer. We probably need those skinny chicks around to motivate us.
So, I am doing something completely out of my comfort zone in order to be healthy and set a good example for my son. He loves riding in his jogging stroller (so far used for walking) and pretty girls, so he will be happy. Let's hope I don't drop out before the burgers.

3 comments:

  1. good luck with that whole running thing.

    And just a friendly blogger tip...

    you should make your colors lighter -it's kinda hard to read

    and if you stick your followers on the side - i think your posts will fit better.

    email if you need any help.

    and also - people LOVE comments even from strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how'd that running club work out for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brandy, those were really helpful tips!
    Jake, I am up to 5 miles a day and have lost 40 pounds. I look stunning.

    ReplyDelete